• What is Lyme disease really? Denition, misnomers, mistaken identities.
• Is Lyme disease in Australia?
• Lyme is a four-letter word – possible reasons for “Lyme denial”.
• What are common co-infections? Babesia, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Chlamydia pneumonia, Rickettsia and others.
• Recognising Lyme & co-infections; Symptom pictures, Keynote symptoms, Diagnostic options; Clinical diagnosis; Serology & PCR, Australian and overseas labs specialising in Lyme & co-infection testing, challenge testing. Conservative treatment guidelines, are genetic mutations really “the big bogey”?
• Self-help strategies for all “Lymies” Patient dedicated participation is a must.
• Detoxification is a necessity Self-help detox strategies for all patients
• Complementary medicine and therapies to support the journey to wellness Vital supplements and remedies, the risk of over-prescribing.
• Herbal antimicrobials that work and are clinically proven.
• Super sensitivity in debilitated patients and strategies for treatment.
• Short case histories may be used to illustrate particular points.
JOHN COLEMAN ND
John Coleman is one of Australia’s most experienced naturopaths treating and educating about Lyme disease and co-infections. He utilises a variety of strategies to assist clients regain their health. John works closely with Lyme Literate and Lyme Aware doctors where antibiotic treatment is considered desirable. He has presented posters and case histories at International Tick Borne Diseases Conferences. John was the co-founder of Very Special Kids (VSK) in 1984, and founder of the Neuro Recovery Foundation in 2002. In 1995, John Coleman was suffering symptoms of stage IV Parkinson’s disease and early stage Multi-system Atrophy. John was dissatised with the treatment and the prognosis he received. He pursued other pathways to health and was completely symptom-free by April 1998. John is the author of “Stop Parkin’ and Start Livin’ – Reversing the Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease” and “Shaky Past” (his autobiography.).