What is different about the ANPA?
The Australian Naturopathic Practitioners Association is the only association in Australia that only has naturopaths as members. We are not an umbrella organisation. What this means is that all our energies are focused on one profession – naturopathy. Since 1975 we have supported the issues relating to naturopathy in Australia and we continue to do this daily. The ANPA committee is democratically elected from the membership. All committee members making decisions that affect you are in practice themselves. They have first-hand experience and understand the issues that may be affecting you on a daily basis in your practice. We continue to be the # 1 voice for discerning naturopaths.
What are some of the benefits of joining ANPA?
- Reduced and extremely competitive pro-rata membership rates for New Graduates – we understand there are expenses to set up as a new practitioner. We help you out with these reduced rates for the first few years until you are on your feet.
- Mentoring and supervision – if you are a student or a new graduate we know that connecting to a more experienced naturopath is critical to the future success of you in your practice and the success and sustainability of the profession of naturopathy.
- ANPA e-Newsletter to keep up to date with current issues
- Social Media presence – 3 ANPA platforms – one public platform, one closed platform only for ANPA members and a platform that is open to all naturopaths focused on media issues.
- Reduced rates to attend top quality ANPA educational webinars and workshops – these webinars and educational events are specifically focused on issues for naturopaths
- ANPA chapter meetings around the country – meet, network and learn from colleagues
- Access to Private Insurance for rebates to your clients
- Access to competitively priced Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Reduced fees for memberships to international journals relevant to naturopathic practice
- Clinical support – various documents and information to assist in clinical practice
- Special area for Students on the ANPA website. Students have specific needs and we are doing our best to understand what these are and offer support.
- Advocacy to government agencies both Federal and State on matters affecting the naturopathic profession.
- Submissions to government agencies on reviews and consultations affecting the profession.
Is there anything to support me financially as a newly graduated naturopath just setting up my practice?
YES, we sure do! Please contact the ANPA office for more specific details.
How competitive is the pricing you offer for Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Fees are competitive. Please contact the ANPA office for more information.
I am student naturopath, what benefits will I get if I join the ANPA?
We welcome all student naturopaths. We understand the demand on you as a student, but we also understand that the issues for students are different than for graduated naturopaths. As the leading association for discerning naturopaths in Australia we want to support you as you achieve your full qualification and enter the profession of naturopathy. Joining ANPA will automatically offer you networking with other members of the association, possible mentoring options, access to the ANPA website, reduced fees to attend ANPA educational events, opportunities for work experience and/or employment. The ANPA e-newsletter will have a devoted section to issues that affect students. If there are issues that you feel we should be aware of please contact the office.Join Here
I am a full member naturopath of another association – I like what ANPA is doing for the naturopathic profession, is there a way I can join at a reduced rate?
Yes, we have a special membership category of “Secondary Member” that entitles a full naturopath member of another association to join ANPA at significantly reduced rates. The full membership of the other association must be verified in applying for this category. Accessible benefits are the same as those of a full member, except you would not have any voting rights.